Press here to go to our -->WebquestWebquest
What is this?
Webquest is a fantastic website introduced by Tilly. With thousands of readily available webquests on this site, it is both time-saving and user-friendly for teachers and students. A WebQuest is an inquiry-oriented lesson format in which most or all the information that learners work with comes from the web. The model was developed by Bernie Dodge at San Diego State University in February, 1995 with early input from SDSU/Pacific Bell Fellow Tom March, the Educational Technology staff at San Diego Unified School District, and waves of participants each summer at the Teach the Teachers Consortium.
Why is the content good for language learning?
· 1.There are loads of reading material in English which can facilitate students' skimming and scanning reading skills.
· 2.There are questions which require students' critical thinking in English
· 3.Pictures are added to each page,making it interesting for the learners.
How might you use it in a language teaching context?
· 1.As a teacher, create a webquest myself and ask the students to finish the task in groups.
· 2.Assign the students to work collaboratively and exchange their findings.
· 3.Ask the students to create their own webquests concerning a certain topic discussed in class.
· 1. reading material might be too much
· 2. too time-consuming
· 3.students might easily get distracted by other information online